Founder, Life Balance Yoga Teacher Training, E-500 RYT, Certified Yoga Therapist, Certified Hypnotherapist, Occupational Therapist
Credentials: Occupational Therapist, registered and licensed, Professional Yoga Therapist, E-500 Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance, Certified Hypnotherapist. In addition, Living Room Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered School.
Background: Stacy Renz is the director and owner of Living Room Yoga and founder of Life Balance Yoga Therapy teacher certification program. Originally working as an occupational therapist, Stacy became discouraged by the impersonal nature of the health care system and by the limitations placed on her skills by insurers. As she began practicing yoga as a means of stress and scoliosis management for herself, she discovered the hidden gifts in the practice. Before long, she knew that she wanted to share these gifts others with the mission of putting tools of healing and wellness back into the hands of the individual. She founded Living Room Yoga in 2000 when began teaching her coworkers at Edward White Hospital. In 2002 she left her position and became a mobile yoga teacher. Her practice grew to buying and renovating the 29th Avenue building in 2007. She has sinced founded Life Balance Yoga Therapy 500-Hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Program which teaches teachers how to address the individual within the class setting and apply yoga therapy to individuals using knowledge of physiological conditions, chakras, Ayurveda, and Meridians.
What sets Stacy apart as a teacher?
- Teaching intuitively to address the needs of those present
- Teaching to individuals even within the class setting
- Providing modifications for those working with injury
- Healing injury using the tools of yoga combined with physical rehabilitation techniques
- Using precision cueing to challenge the beginner through advanced student to progress to his or her highest potential.
Services provided by Stacy:
- Yoga Therapy
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Continuing Education Classes for Yoga Teachers
- Yoga Teacher Training
Specialties: Balance, posture, post-rehab programming, cardiopulmonary disease, chronic pain, brain injury, depression and anxiety, diabetes , headache, fertility, fibromyalgia, lethargy, low back pain, menopause, mobility problems, muscle imbalance, osteoporosis, Parkinson’s disease, pregnancy, sciatica, scoliosis, shoulder pain, sinus relief, stress, stroke, yoga injuries, performance improvement for athletes, weight loss, stop smoking, self-esteem.
- Certification in Hypnotherapy through New England Institute of Hypnotherapy
- Training in Meridian Yoga (Daniel Orlansky)
- Training in Cranial Sacral Therapy Level 1 through the Upledger Institute
- Training in Yoga for Scoliosis (Deborah Wolk; Bobby Fultz)
- Training in Yoga for the Internal Organs and the Asymetric Body (Karin Stephan)
- 1000-Hour Professional Yoga Therapy Certification through Integrative Yoga Therapy (Joseph and Lilian LePage)
- Masters of Occupational Therapy (University of Puget Sound)
- Bachelors of Arts Psychology and Sociology (Seattle Pacific University)
To Set Up A Private Session with Stacy, contact her at:
By phone at (727) 854-4754 or by .
For additional information on the types of private healing offered by Stacy, please visit:
MA42548, MM29887, OT8447