What Is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is an altered state of awareness brought about by deep relaxation and focus away from the external world. In a hypnotic state you have a heightened receptivity to new perspectives and ideas. A hypnotist uses this heightened receptivity to help you achieve the lasting changes you desire. She achieves this by interjecting key information (supplied by you) directly to your subconscious mind while you are in the hypnotic state. In hypnosis you do not lose control. Instead you experience the greatest amount of control you have ever experienced in your life!.
How does hypnosis differ from hypnotherapy?
How can I prepare for my session to maximize my success?
- Avoid caffeine prior to your session
- Make sure you are coming on your own volition and not due to pressure from someone else
- Do an honest assessment and determine that you are ready to do what it takes to change.e
Is there anyone for whom hypnosis is not appropriate?
I need to communicate with your physician if you have multiple complicated medical problems.
- Those experiencing emotional or mental instability are not appropriate for hypnotherapy.
Those who have an extreme need to remain in control at all times need to accept that hypnosis actually helps you to be more in control of your life than you ever have been so that you can truly relax and enjoy the process.
All these factors should come to light during our phone conversation. If it is not feel appropriate to me to continue, I will be honest and let you know.
Is there anything I must do before making an appointment for hypnotherapy?
- Hypnosis for stress, personal empowerment, releasing weight, stop smoking, self-esteem, performance improvement, or past life work does not require a referral. Click here if you are seeking these services.
- Print out a Doctor Referral Letter to take to your heathcare provider for a signature prior to our appointment. You may obtain a referral from any of the following practitioners of the healing arts, provided that your objective for hypnotherapy is within his or her scope of practice: Doctor of Oriental Medicine, surgery, psychiatry, dentistry, osteopathic medicine, chiropractic medicine, naturopathy, podiatric medicine, chiropody, psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, or optometry.
- Fill out the wellness questionnaire prior to our appointment.
How long are the sessions?
The first session is two to two and a half hours. This includes an in depth interview regarding the issue you are coming to see me about, hypnosis to prepare your mind for change, and discussion of the assignments you are to complete in preparation for your second session. Second sessions are between an hour and an hour and a half..
How many sessions will I need and how often?
Generally two sessions are adequate as long as you follow through on the assignments I give you. Releasing weight may require additional work, and I offer several options depending on your needs.