Change Your Mind, Change Your Weight!
We all know that in order to lose weight we must burn more than we take in. But those of us who have either been heavy all our lives or who have gained and lost weight repeatedly throughout our lives know that other factors are at work that make this simple truth not so simple at all. Due to the roles food plays in our lives – comforter, emotional fulfiller, an antedote to boredom, a chemical trance, a quasher of emotions – losing weight creates a cascade of internal events that spans our physical, emotional, intellectual, and energetic selves. This cascade of events often results in our gaining back any weight lost as soon as we stop dieting – and sometimes gaining even more than we lost.
If you are like me, you have undertaken diets with the idea of getting the weight off as soon as possible without any consideration of making serious changes in your relationship to food or to yourself. You probably also realize this approach does not work. Otherwise you would not be reading this website! It only took me 45 years to realize this myself.
I would like to help you change your relationship to food and to yourself using the tools that have helped me: Hypnosis and Yoga. (By the way, Bay News 9 recently reported that current studies indicate that walking and yoga both help people reduce their calorie intake by suppressing the appetite).
Because everyone's needs are different (and even your needs may change from month to month), I am offering a variety of packages under our Change Your Mind, Change Your Weight! Plans. Each plan is based on four weeks of services.
What you need to do to before your appointment:
- It is always a good idea to discuss your plans with your healthcare provider, especially if you have medical conditions that may be impacted by our work together.
- If you have medical conditions you would like to address in your hypnosis sessions, please get a referral from the healthcare provider who is treating that condition.
- If you are under a doctor's care, it is a great idea to fill out a release form with your doctor's office so that he/she is free to communicate concerns and recommendations to me regarding your care.
- Choose a healthy eating plan that is realistic for you, getting input from your healthcare provider or nutritionist as needed. This will be the plan that we will work to support in all our sessions together.
- Plan to succeed by setting aside the time you will need to fully participate in the plan.
- Make sure you have working email if you choose the daily email support option.
- Fill out the Wellness Questionnaire prior to coming to your first appointment.
- Read the Weight Loss Bill of Rights so that you know what your rights are before participating in this or any plan to release weight.