200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2013
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
Applications for the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
will be accepted until February 8, 2012
The start date for this program is March 9, 2013 with a Friday evening meet-and-greet March 8 (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm). Training dates will be the second weekend of the month. Tuition price is $1,500 if paid in full at time of registration or $1,700 for the payment plan.
The Life Balance Teacher Training Program goes beyond teaching a set sequence of postures – it teaches you how to integrate the principles of yoga into your business and life and how to create dynamic, powerful, and safe alignment-based classes to meet the needs of a variety of students. In the 200-hour program professional yoga therapist Stacy Renz teaches you how to apply yoga to balance alignment, chakras, and Ayurvedic doshas. Building on the advice from her teacher and IYT founder Joseph LePage, "Give the students a little of what they want and a little of what they need," she teaches you how to provide individualized yoga practice even within a group setting. The philosophy of LRY Life Balance Yoga Therapy is to help students develop awareness in body, mind, breath, and spirit and kindness and compassion toward themselves as well. This combination of awareness and compassion allows students to heal and live a more balanced, healthy, and happy life. More about Life Balance Yoga.
As a graduate of the the LRY Life Balance Yoga Therapy 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program, you will gain the skills and qualifications to
- Recognize the power you have to create an experience that allows people to change their lives.
- Feel confident and competent to teach safe and balanced hatha yoga classes in a variety of contexts.
- Teach from a variety of perspectives, including teaching a balanced class that incorporates all the tools of yoga, integrating the koshas (subtle bodies) and balancing the chakras.
- Use props to modify yoga poses for lack of flexibility for those with injury, illness, or lack of flexibility.
- Apply creativity to your teaching and practice.
- Develop a successful yoga business based on your own unique vision and mission.
- Register with Yoga Alliance.
- Continue on to our Life Balance Yoga Therapy 500-hour and 1000-hour yoga therapy certification programs.
What Makes Our Program Different?
- We accept no more than 16 students and therefore offer you individualized attention.
- We encourage problem-solving and creativity in your teaching – we refrain from teaching you a sequence to memorize and present to others. Instead we teach you how to create your own sequences and teach them safely to your students.
- We teach you how to be sensitive to those with chronic conditions or injuries who may show up in your classes.
- You get the opportunity to teach for at least 5 hours to your colleagues and teachers and receive feedback. This is an invaluable part of the program and contributes to your confidence and competence as a teacher.
- We lay the groundwork for you to continue on with our advanced yoga therapy teacher training programs.
- Because the program is one weekend a month, it allows a deeper level of learning and application of skills (Faster is not necessarily better!).
- We use the discretionary hours allowed by Yoga Alliance to focus more deeply on anatomy, proper alignment in poses, and practicum than other local programs are reputed to do.
- Stacy Renz, Director, E-500 RYT, Yoga Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Certified Hypnotherapist
- Linn Sennott, RYT500
- Sally Watson, RYT500
Both Linn and Sally are currently enrolled in our advanced training program toward their 500-hour certification in yoga therapy.
Who should take this training?
- Yoga students who seek a solid experiential and knowledge based foundation for their yoga teaching and practice.
- Yoga students who desire a teaching program with individualized attention and smaller class size.
- Yoga students who wish to deepen their knowledge and skills in yoga.
- Occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychotherapists, massage therapists or other holistic practitioners who wish to add yoga to their practices
- Students who wish to teach yoga from a therapeutic perspective.
- Students planning to advance to our yoga therapy certification programs.
If you have physical limitations
If you have physical limitations that may limit your participation in aspects of the program, please call and discuss your concerns with the Director of Teacher training, Stacy Renz (727) 826-4754). Our goal is to include all who wish to learn if feasible – and your limitation may be an excellent opportunity to teach fellow students how to work with special conditions.
Prerequisites for participating in the yoga teacher training program include:
- At least six months of yoga study.
- The maturity to tolerate 12 hours of training per day.
- The ability to commit to all scheduled training dates.
- Good mental health.
- Interest in deepening your yoga practice or understanding of the therapeutic applications of yoga.
- Be at least 18 years of age OR have the written consent of a parent AND pass an interview process.
- Agree to sign the ethics agreement upon registration.
- Agree to disclose all relevant health history to ensure your safety in the program.
- Be able to provide three letters of recommendations regarding your character and ability to participate successfully in the program, either to teach or to enhance your personal practice.
Our next training begins March 9, 2013. A nonrefundable deposit is due along with your completed application by February 8, 2012. Tuition is $1500 when paid in full by February 8, 2012 or $1700 if you choose to submit monthly payments over 10 months. Tuition does not include your required texts. If you choose the payment plan, you must grant us permission to automatically charge your credit card on the first day of each month.
2013 Training Dates
March 8 (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm), 9 & 10, April 13 & 14, May 11 & 12, June 8 & 9, July 13 & 14, August 10 & 11, September 14 & 15, October 12 & 13, November 8 & 9, December 13 & 14. .(Right now we are geared to start at 7am and run until 7pm. Exact training times may vary slightly).
Please hold off buying the Yoga Teachers Toolbox. We will order it in bulk to save you money.
- Yoga Anatomy by Kaminoff (about $16) – ISBN 10: 0-7360-6278-5 or 13: 978-0-7360-6278-7.
- The Key Muscles of Yoga, Volume 1, 3rd Edition (about $30) by Ray Long – ISBN 13: 978-1-60743-238-8
- Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship (about $13)
- Yoga Teachers Tool Box by Joseph and Lilian LePage (available at www.iytyogatherapy.com for about $54 but we can save money if we order them as a group)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda (ISBN-13: 978-0-932040-38-1 for about $13)
- Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
Criteria for Completion
In order to receive your Life Balance Yoga Therapy 200-Hour Certification, you must meet these requirements:
- Attend each session offered ON TIME.
- Turn in written assignments ON TIME.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a class in a safe, manner, incorporating the concepts you have learned.
- IF you must miss a session, take responsibility for making up the class with the appropriate teacher.
- Participate in all sessions at your level of ability.
- As far as physical asana is concerned, honor your own body's limitations at all times.
- Respect your teachers and fellow classmates by paying courteous attention in class and attending all sessions on time.
- Take responsibility for your learning by asking for help when needed.
- Disclose any health concerns you have had in the past five years, either physical or mental.
- Abide by the policy of no smoking on the premises of Living Room Yoga.
- Abide by the policy of refraining from wearing scents during the teacher training.
Making up Missed Classes Lectures
- You may take the class during the next teacher training at no additional cost to you. However, you run the risk that that program will not run that year.
- You may set up a private appointment with the teacher to repeat the lecture for you at $75 per hour.
- For an additional cost you may attend a CEU class at Living Room Yoga (if it is offered) in the same category as the class you missed.